Step 1: Apply for a licence to practise

Before you can apply for a Certificate of specialist expertise, you must have a medical licence. If you do not yet have a licence to practise, you should start by applying for a licence to practise. Only after you have received your medical licence can you start your doctors’ medical specialty training residency (ST).

Do you have further questions about this step?

Contact us at the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare. You can send an e-mail at or call us at 075-247 30 00.

Publication date: