Qualifications from Great Britain?
February 1 to December 31, 2020 will be a transitional period. Your application will then still be assessed based on Directive 2005/36/EC and the decisions that are made then are valid even after the end of the transitional period.

You need a licence to work in Sweden

If you want to work as an audiologist in Sweden you need a Swedish licence. This professional title is protected. This means that only those who have a licence to practice are allowed to call themselves an audiologist.

You need to get your qualifications recognised to be able to get a licence. This means that we evaluate whether your qualification and any practical experience is comparable to the Swedish requirements for an audiologist.

You also need to have language skills in Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. If you are unable to speak any of these languages we recommend that you begin by learning Swedish if you would like to work in Sweden.

You can apply for a licence from us. You do not need a Swedish personal identity number (personnummer) and you do not need to live in Sweden to apply and be granted a licence. But it is important that you notify us when you have received a Swedish social security number so that we can update the information in the register for Healthcare professionals.

Work temporarily in Sweden

If you plan to work in Sweden for a shorter period of time, you can either apply for a permanent license to practice or apply for a temporary license to practice. In order to obtain a temporary license to practice you must be able to prove that you are only planning to work temporarily, that you fulfil all the requirements to work in your profession and that you are currently working in your profession.

Please contact us if you wish to apply for a temporary license to practice, or if you are unsure about which license to apply for.

If you plan to work in Sweden for an unknown period of time we recommend that you apply for a permanent license to practice. To do this, follow the steps above.